Tuesday 23 January 2007

Devon vs Rome

Me and Em where down in Devon this weekend. It was Em's Birthday, and I had been planning a 'surprise' dirty weekend in Rome for the both of us, But my attempts to seranade Em in Italy were dashed.....

I had been busy asking friends and collegues who had been to Rome about the best places to stay etc, and all this proved to be rather fruitless. About three weeks ago Em mentioned that she would like to go down to her Sisters in Paignton (Devon) for the weekend, fearing my plans had been foiled, I told her I had already been planning something for her 'Special day', anyway she was persistant and eventually I cracked...'How would you fancy going to Rome instead of Devon?' Her reply..'I would rather go to Devon' - 'Bast*rd!' I really wanted to go to Rome, I have wanted to go for years, but never got round to going...

I was shocked to say the least, but it's her Birthday....I was tempted to say 'Kiss it Bitch...Where off to Rome', but fearing that there could be a backlash I opted to go with the flow.

Off to Devon we where.....

No comments: